We know you want your products right away! We will despatch your order as soon as humanly possible. Most of the time this is within five working days, depending on Trade Show attendance, public holidays etc. If you have particular deadlines, please make contact to be sure that we can meet your needs before you order.
Orders will be processed as follows;
- You will be guided through the process of placing an order by step by step instructions on the website. This includes deciding whether you wish to insure your goods.
- You then place the order for your products on the website by pressing the ‘Place Order’ button at the end of the checkout process.
- An automatically generated order acknowledgement will be emailed to you detailing the products you have ordered.
- As your order is despatched from our premises, a shipping confirmation email will be sent automatically from our website, along with details of any item out of stock and how long we estimate you will have to wait for fulfilment.
- You will receive further despatch notifications by email when any outstanding items are despatched, so that you know to be on the look-out for their arrival. For European orders please see our full Terms & Conditions regarding how we handle out of stock items.
Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on the despatch to you of all the products ordered, unless we have notified you that we cannot accept your order, or you have cancelled it in accordance with the instructions in Cancelling an Order.
Products Cast to Order
Like fine food, your Magister Militum figures and Battleground buildings are made to order. It can take a few days for your order to reach the top of the casting list and be despatched. All our customers are very important to us and to keep things fair, we operate a queuing system where by the oldest order is cast first.
If we are out of stock on one or more products, we will despatch your order with details of what is missing and an estimate of how long you can expect to wait for the order to be fulfilled. Most of our imported goods come from far flung places and we need a certain order size to make the importing process cost effective. Occasionally customs hold up an order longer than we expected. Please be assured, we will despatch your order as soon as possible.
In the very rare event we have none of what you have ordered in stock, we will email you to advise you of how long we estimate it will be before stock comes in. Once we have it we will despatch your order as soon as possible and you'll get an email to let you know it's on its way. For European orders please see our full Terms & Conditions regarding how we handle out of stock items.
Postage and Packing Prices
Postage and Packing is complicated due to the sizes and weights of the products we stock. We work to a maximum P&P value in the UK and Europe. This means when you reach the maximum P&P for the UK or Europe you pay no more postage, no matter what you add to your order.
There is no maximum P&P for orders destined for the rest of the world due to carriage charges. However, areas outside the EU will be able to enjoy VAT free shopping, the final price being calculated at check out when the shipping destination country is selected.
To get your shipping quote, begin the check out process and choose your country and postcode for delivery.
If you subsequently add to an order we are already processing, we reserve the right to adjust the postage accordingly, as if it had been part of the original order. If you are ordering from the Rest of the World we are sorry, we can no longer combine orders as the order value is now automatically and unalterably added to the customs forms.
Value Added Tax (VAT) Free Shopping
Our customers outside the European Union can enjoy VAT free shopping at Magister Militum. If we are despatching your goods to an address outside the European Union (EU) then VAT at the prevailing rate (currently 20%, books are zero rated) will be deducted from your order during the check-out process.
Non Acceptance of an Order
Circumstances where we cannot accept an order include the following:
- The product you ordered being unavailable or discontinued from stock, in which case we will refund the amount paid if there is no suitable alternative which you agree to.
- The identification of a pricing or product description error.
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment. We will endeavour to contact you but if we cannot resolve the issue within four weeks we will assume you no longer wish to continue with the order.
There is no insurance included within the P&P charge. When you make a small order you must choose whether you wish to purchase insurance. We recommend you consider taking out insurance in case your parcel goes missing. We will not be able to provide replacement products if your parcel gets ‘lost in the post’. On larger orders tracking is compulsory and often we need to provide your email and telephone details to the carrier.
Orders 'Lost in the post'
If your parcel is lost in transit, we are prepared to re-send your goods on one occasion, to the value of the insurance you chose when ordering. Many carriers stipulate a minimum wait time before a claim can be initiated. For Royal Mail despatches, we do not initiate claims until 28 working days have passed. We cannot arrange provision of replacements until a claim has begun. If the value of the goods exceeds the sum insured then you will need to choose which products are to be re-sent.
Despatch of replacements will only take place after clarifying your full postal address. If your original address was incomplete or incorrect or you were unavailable to take delivery of the goods, we will not bear the cost of re-sending your order. If you have already had an order 'lost in the post' we reserve the right to refuse further orders placed without tracking.
Orders ‘Returned to Sender’
If a parcel is returned to us as ‘undelivered’ (e.g. incorrect address, non-collection etc.), we reserve the right to ask for clarification of your address before arranging the re-delivery of your order, at your expense. We cannot accept responsibility for the service provided by the delivery organisation, whoever that may be.